PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES CENTER (PAC)
The PAC is a 40,000 square-foot facility which includes:
- Gymnasium with six basketball nets, a volleyball court and a running area around the courts (17.5 laps make a mile). The basketball and volleyball teams play their home matches inside the gymnasium. Volleyballs and basketballs are available at the front desk for recreational useage.
- Women’s and Men's Locker Rooms
- Aerobic/Weight Room which contains aerobic equipment to include treadmills, elliptical trainers, recumbent cycles and spinning cycles. The room also contains a weight station and free weights. To use the equipment you must receive instruction from a staff member on duty and fill out a waiver form. The room is also equipped with a television and music system.
- Dance and Fencing studio - Click Here for Usage Guidelines
- Mabel Fetterman-Held Fitness and Motor Performance Laboratory
- Classrooms with audio/visual equipment and computer access
The lower field is used as a practice field and is also available for use.
New in the 2019-20 academic year is SMA Worth Field located just beyond the PAC and is the new home of the Mary Baldwin soccer programs. Surrounding the field is a pair of exercise lanes. The general public may use the exerrcise lanes during the hours that MBU has not scheduled events on the playing field. The lanes are for walking/running only. No bikes, scooters, skateboards, or skates are allowed on the track. The lanes are closed during varsity athletic practices, scrimmages, games, and matches. It is also closed during VWIL parades. Dogs are not allowed on the playing field or excercise lanes! As with indoor facilities, persons under 16 must be supervised by an adult.
The softball field is located behind the Physical Activity Center and is the home of the Mary Baldwin University softball team. The field consists of a press box, home and away dugouts and also has an accompanying batting cage. The softball field is steps away from the university's tennis courts. Dogs are not allowed on the playing field.
May be used by any faculty, staff and their families. Guests are permitted on a one-to-three basis for the use of one court. The tennis courts are available for your use any time there is not a class, intercollegiate activity, or outside contract use taking place. There are seven lighted courts next to Tullidge Residence Hall. The lights can be turned on at night by calling security or the switchboard. Lights are shut off at 10:00 pm. A key may be checked out by an ID holder to unlock the courts. The key must be returned to have ID returned. Keys will not be issued for faculty or staff's personal use.
JOHN MOXIE MEMORIAL STADIUM
The Mary Baldwin University baseball team plays its home games at Staunton's historic John Moxie Memorial Stadium located just minutes from campus. Recently, the stadium was featured by scout.com as a top-five collegiate wood bat park in America. John Moxie Stadium is also the home to the Staunton Braves, a collegiate summer league team that plays in the Valley Baseball League.