What is SAAC?
The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) is a committee made up of representatives from each of the six sports teams at Mary Baldwin University. These representatives serve as liasons between the student-athletes and the student body, faculty, staff, administration, and the community. SAAC serves as the main voice for student-athletes. The committee also offers input on the NCAA rules and regulations that affect student-athletes. The main goal of SAAC is to work to improve the overall student-athlete experience. The NCAA requires that all conferences have SAACs in place.
The mission of the Student Athlete Advisory Committee is to...
- Enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity, protecting student-athlete welfare and fostering a positive student-athlete image
- Support and encourage athletes in their development athletically and academically by promoting discipline, time management skills and goal setting
- Facilitate open communication between student-athletes, the academic community, coaches and administrators
- Increase the Conference's involvement in the NCAA Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Promote good sportsmanship, fair play, leadership and academic achievement among student-athletes
- Provide the student-athletes with a "voice" in the Conference
SAAC at Mary Baldwin
Mary Baldwins SAAC is currently made up of two to three representatives from each sport. They hold biweekly meetings and all athletes are welcome to attend. SAAC at Mary Baldwin also works to improve school spirit as well getting student-athelets involved in community service activities. Current annual projects are "Cans Across the Conference" and "Pennies for a Purpose."
Athletic Department Sponsor